Commercial photographers and amateur groups alike are welcome to hire Cadw sites for a photographic shoot. Many couples choose to have their special day recorded using one of our historic properties as a backdrop.
If you are interested in hiring a property for photographic purposes, please contact Visitor and Business Services on 01443 336103 who will put you in touch with local staff.
Charges for photography at all sites
Half Day Full Day Additional hours
(4 hours) (4-8 hours) (per hour)
£120.00 £150.00 £70.00
Standard charge of £50 per session, plus the appropriate admission charge for each participant.
Wedding and civil partnership photography
Standard charge of £35 per session (to include video and still photography) for groups of up to 20 people.
- Charges are not subject to VAT.
- These charges are the minimum rates applicable. The final agreed charge will depend of the precise requirements of the applicant.
- Any additional expense incurred by Cadw as a result of any application will be recovered from the applicant.
- The wedding photography charge includes still and video filming.
- These charges cover the use of the monument only.
Applicants for general photography have to provide the following:
- Proof of public liability insurance which includes a clause covering accidental damage to the monument (minimum cover value £5 million).
- A full event plan and risk assessment and shoot list for the event.
Each application is considered on its individual merits, and will be assessed when all the information has been received. It is likely that a site meeting will be required for the larger events; this means that applications should be made at least one month before the date.
Hirers are recommended to arrange a visit to the site before making any arrangements. This can be arranged by contacting Visitor and Business Services on 01443 336103.