Cadw sites make great film locations. Tretower Court has starred in The Libertine alongside Johnny Depp and in Restoration with Robert Downey Jnr and Meg Ryan. Dr Who has been known to land at several of our sites too!
Other television programmes filmed at Cadw sites include Coalhouse, filmed at Blaenavon Ironworks, Young Dracula, Sarah Jane Adventures, Merlin, Coast, Weatherman Walking and 100 Lle.
If you are interested in hiring a Cadw property for filming, please contact Visitor and Business Services on 01443 336103.
Home / Venue hire / Filming at Cadw sites/Charges
Charges for filming
Size of crew Half day Full day
and actors (6 hours) (12 hours)
1 - 5 220.00 440.00
6 - 15 485.00 750.00
16+ 750.00 1250.00
Minimum fee/Educational course work
News and current affairs items
For a maximum crew of three, there will be no charge provided that a formal application is made in advance.
- Charges are not subject to VAT.
- These charges are the minimum rates applicable. The final agreed charge will depend on the precise requirements of the applicant.
- Any additional expense incurred by Cadw as a result of any application will be recovered from the applicant.
Applicants have to provide the following:
- Proof of public liability insurance which includes a clause covering accidental damage to the monument (minimum cover value £5 million).
- A full event plan and risk assessment and shoot list for the event.
Each application is considered on its individual merits, and will be assessed when all the information has been received. It is likely that a site meeting will be required prior to filming; this means that applications should be made at least one month before the date.
Hirers are recommended to arrange a visit to the site before making any arrangements. This can be arranged by contacting Visitor and Business Services on 01443 336106.