The Resources section is full of essential information for use before, during and after your education visit.
- Education Packs - We are developing a number of resources specifically designed to the National Curriculum and year groups for you to use in class and during visits to Cadw sites.
- Castles of Wales - Learn how castle building in Wales developed over the years.
- Treasure chests - At a selection of the sites in our care, treasure chests full of replica historical artefacts are available for education groups to use during their visit.
- CGI Reconstructions - Rebuilding the past with the latest technology
- Bird's eye views & Reconstruction Drawings - Download a free bird's eye view and bring along as a handy navigational tool for your education visit. It can be hard to imagine what these ancient buildings looked like in their prime. Our collection of reconstruction drawings help bridge the gap between past and present.
- Useful words
- Guidance for group/school visits - We have guidance for group/school visits leaflets available to download for a selection of the monuments in our care.
- Notes for teachers - If you’re stuck for ideas for your education visit to Blaenavon Ironworks, Chepstow Castle, Conwy Castle, Din Lligwy Hut Group or Tintern Abbey, download our notes for teachers for inspiration.
- Understanding character - No two places share a history, so every place has a unique historic character, which is a powerful asset in regeneration. Understanding that character and how it was formed is the foundation for planning, design and management that sustains local distinctiveness.
Puzzling People - From Gilbert de Clare to William Burges, can you help put the lives of Wales’s heroes and heroines in order? Download our quizzes and take them with you to the relevant Cadw sites.