Although originally established soon after 1100, much of the castle dates from the fourteenth century and later. Parts were rebuilt following the siege by Owain Glyn Dŵr in 1404-05.
This site is included in one of our guidebooks. Visit our online shop to find out more.
The tower is locked until further notice for safety reasons. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Current times and prices
1 April 2014 - 31 March 2015
Daily 10.00am - 4.00pm
Last admission 30 minutes before closing
Closed 24, 25, 26 December and 1 January
View all opening times and prices
Road Coity, 2m (3.2km) NE of Bridgend, off A4061.
Rail Bridgend 2m (3.2km).